Baby Sulzers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baby Sulzers

Post by thehoviskid on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:20 am

It's been a bit quiet lately, so......

There's a Class 24/24 passing object available courtesy of Alan Hudnot "East Lincolnshire Railway), with a bit of tidying from Chris Lees (BVE Cornwall) and a bit of code from Graymac (some Island off to the left somewhere), ans using original textures from Jamie Course (behind a Class 31 somewhere, and so a long way away, moving very slowly but with a great deal of noise)

Well, thats thought, it's worth a tinker, that is!  So I did.  One external view in place

There's no driveable Class 24 or 25 (trivialities, eh?) but the BVE TMD Class 27 will fit the bill as a substitute.

Pictures?  Oh, go on then....

Yes, i know it should be one stripe or the other round the body, just working on lining things up here.....

Hopefully, an inaccurate headcode....

You shall have rain!  Just to make Graymac feel at home.....

Dutch livery on a Class 25?  Why not!

It's still WIP and there's a few things to iron out.  Ballast Hoppers courtesy of Mr Lees.  There's a few approximations to reduce the number of underframe variations, and as an experiment, there's only two image files for the whole thing, one for the inside and one for the outside, so it should be easy enough to colour your own in.
Here's the outside:

And here's the inside:

The glows are borrowed from the OpenBVE program files, but I need to work out where I found the picture of the engine.....

And here's the Change-it-Yourself code, just comment bits in and out as you like.  If you want it No.2 end leading there's options for that, just use Reversed = True in the extentions.cfg file
Code:
 [Include]

;####STRUCTURE#####################################################################

;~~~~Common to all variations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 BR_TYPE_2.b3d
 Bogie1.b3d
 Bogie2.b3d
 Cab1.ANIMATED
 Cab2.ANIMATED
 EngineRoom.ANIMATED
;NameplateBlack.b3d
 NameplateRed.b3d

;~~~~OPTIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;____Gangway houring on front end- for Class 24/1, 25/0, 25/1 _____________________
 Gangways.b3d
;____Flush Doors on Class 24/0, 24/1, 25/0, Recessed on 25/1, 25/2, 25/3___________
 DoorsFlush.b3d
;DoorsRecess.b3d
;____Valence aplied to Class 24/0, 24/1, 25/0.  Parts later removed________________
;ValenceFull.b3d
 ValencePart.b3d

;####LIGHTING######################################################################

;~~~~HEADCODE DISCS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;____Use for Green/Small Yellow Panel (Closed upper disc Green)____________________
;Discs1SYP.ANIMATED
;Discs2SYP.ANIMATED
;____Use for Full Yellow Ends (Closed upper disc Yellow)___________________________
;Discs1FYE.ANIMATED
;Discs2FYE.ANIMATED
;____Use for all Disc Headcodes (Including withoud the discs)______________________
;Markers1.ANIMATED
;Markers2.ANIMATED
;GlowMarkers1.ANIMATED
;GlowMarkers2.ANIMATED

;~~~~HEADCODE BOX~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;____Use in all cases______________________________________________________________
 HeadcodeBox24.b3d
;____Use in addition for Class 25__________________________________________________
;HeadcodeBox25.b3d
;____Changeable Headcodes__________________________________________________________
 Headcode1.ANIMATED
;Headcode2.ANIMATED
;____Static Dominos________________________________________________________________
;Domino1.ANIMATED
;Domino2.ANIMATED

;~~~~HIGH INTENSITY HEADLIGHT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;HeadLight1.ANIMATED
;HeadLight2.ANIMATED

;~~~~TAIL LIGHTS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
;____Upper Position- use with Disc Headcodes_______________________________________
;TailUpper1.ANIMATED
 TailUpper2.ANIMATED
;____Lower Position- use for HeadcodeBox___________________________________________
;TailLower1.ANIMATED
 TailLower2.ANIMATED
;<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

So there you go.  Hopefully releasable sometime in the next month or so.

Suggestions on numbers or liveries (NOT Loadhaul) welcome.  Large Logo Blue/Grey, Trainload Coal and revised RfD already in the paintshop.
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Re: Baby Sulzers

Post by Quork on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:07 am

What about DB Schenker UK? Very Happy
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by thehoviskid on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 pm

I think that can be arranged.  EWS looked quite good, although I've not reskinned the early body yet, all those grills might not help......
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Well, I was rather thinking about the current, red branding. Though it is rather modern and thus designes for modern engines, I think it looks surprisingly good on old engines as well, sometimes complimenting their forms even better than the traditional livery.

Schenker Rail in Poland:
Polish light diesel engine (bahnbilder.de), Polish not so light diesel engine (zughalt.de) and not so Polish not so light diesel engine (rynek-kolejowy.pl).

DB Schenker Rail in the Netherlands:
Netherlandish class 1600 (French built, based on SNCF class BB 7200) electro engine (modelleisenbahn-nettetal.de)

DB Schenker Rail in the UK:
Class 59 (glotransvn.com.vn) and class 37 (railpictures.net) (is talking about railway vehicles in the UK enough to trigger GHCQ's Tempora's interest...?)

DB Schenker Rail at home:
BR 232 (former GDR) diesel engine (stephan180sbahnbilder.startbilder.de) and BR 218 (former Germany-West) diesel engine (Wikimedia Commons)

DB Schenker Rail in Romania:
Some Romanian electrical engine I don't know, though construction details make me think it's a heavily modernized old engine (Flickr)
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by thehoviskid on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Well, GCHQ will know where you are by now....  (Hello Chaps!  Cracking weather isn't it?)

Actually, it's not bad as liveries go, as it's not swooshy and swirly.  The colours are a bit 1990s-office-furniture, the old maroon and black was a little more restrained.
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Hopefully they don't know how "Innenreinigungsanlage" (innen = internal, Reinigung = cleaning, Anlage = site) is abbreviated, cause I'm being there several times a week, might prove disadvantageous when I'll be doing my British Isles railway tour with the FIP (free international pass).Shocked silent pale
Quork

Back to top Go down

baby sulzers

Post by mobile1 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 am

Hi, a few corrections on the recent post you made, i was a bit dissapointed to see the results of the 24/25, whilst i am in no in a position to judge others work, i feel i need to comment...the original passing object is, in my opinion, better than this result, when i agreed to let you alter things, i presumed the result would be better than the original, however i dont think it is, i would prefer if my member name was used in posts, (spelt wrong anyway), the original pics were not Jamie`s, although he has been a source of many brilliant pics, and i dont think my uncle Graymac had any input into this, anyway enough grumbling.....the pics supplied show the original, plus a class 33, pics from Jamie Course....
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil737 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 pm

While I think it is hard to beat BR blue I think it looks the part in Dutch especially with those matching wagons.

As for my livery suggestion, well trainload freight may look fantastic especially paired up and hauling a fair bit of coal  Very Happy 

Phil  Cool

Phil737

https://www.youtube.com/phil6219

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:58 am

Hi Phil, its a new year, i`ve grown a year older and hopefully wiser..i apologise to you for the comments i made, i know how frustrating it is to have ones work scrutinised by others...keep up the good work....regards mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil737 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi, I think there may be a little misunderstanding there bud as I was just sharing my opinion on the Sulzers, I am not involved in this work just a big fan of bve  Very Happy 

I know what you mean though as I used to do reskins for MSTS back when that first came out, hard to believe that was 15 or so years ago...

Phil  Cool

Phil737

https://www.youtube.com/phil6219

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 pm

mobile1 wrote:the pics supplied show the original, plus a class 33, pics from Jamie Course....

Only just spotted this!  Embarassed 

Looking nice there!
Glad my pics were of use for you!  Smile
Hopefully these have progressed a little more since.

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum