Steve GR'S class 57s and 47s

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steve GR'S class 57s and 47s

Post by cris_smith14 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi there i was starting a route in openbve version 1.4.2 the latest one and i noticed something.

When the route and the train have loaded i go to look outside at the fantastic externals steve has created, and whilst it loads, the train has derailed could any one shed some light on this please, other trains dont do this so why only these classes. confused

cris_smith14

Back to top Go down

Re: Steve GR'S class 57s and 47s

Post by Quork on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:12 pm

I've had this effect when leaving OpenBVE running in fullscreen for another window; when I get back, the train is sometimes laying on the side. The effect is not class specific. I suppose this happens whenever the physics engine of OpenBVE runs with too low a calculation rate, which can happen when, like with me, the sim is in the background, or, like it probably is with you, when you do some graphically demanding operation (the externals you named are rather detailed ones, aren't they?). If you didn't set OpenBVE to preload all data from HDD, loading the external after you press F2 might be enough to have the physics engine run at so low a rate that erratic results occur, resulting in e.g. too big a lateral acceleration or too big an amplitude of the train's rocking which symbolizes passenger disembarkment (and is IMHO way to strong. In railway vehicles you don't notice a thing, let alone if you're in the locomotive; and even in lightweight trams it seldomly gets that strong).
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 pm

The 47/57's are huge file size and I agree that a derailment could occur if you don't have a big enough computer.

I've had it happen to me a while back and that was because OpenBve itself was corrupted.

So downloading it again after removing the current copy might do the trick.
Stevegr

https://sites.google.com/a/bve4trains.com/bve4trains/

Back to top Go down

Post by cris_smith14 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I have tried that doesnt have seemed too work could any of you shed some light on to maby sending me a stable version please. thank you for the help.

cris_smith14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum