Routes and relevant documentation (Network West Midlands)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Routes and relevant documentation (Network West Midlands)

Post by RDMDJ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Adelante107 wrote:
RDMDJ wrote:
Ha ha sounds good... you buying lol? Much appreciated for this post. I've been learning the West Midlands route for a while now. Yes, it definitely takes a while to revise. And I've got some lines cracked but have to be honest, the shorter ones. Also I have to use the 'Isolate AWS, TPWS, and vigilance device' in order to get buy. My train seems to stop almost every time with it off???????? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong! Actually do you think this may be because of speed limits? Maybe I speed up before the last car passes the speed sign... does this effect the train in any way? Sometimes I misjudge the length of my train lol.
If you have isolated the aws/tpws then the only thing that would stop your train is over speeding on the approach of a lower speed limit after the advanced warning boards! Make sure you are starting to brake as you pass the yellow and white speed boards and down to the speed it indicates before the normal red and white speed boards

Ah now I understand. Thank you Smile I always get confused with these. I recently bookmarked a good page describing British railway signs and signals but I haven't got around to reading it yet.

Also, I think what I was meant to say is that the train stops when aws/tpws is switched of. With this activated I don't have any problems. I could even drive at 125mph regardless of the train over speeding on the approach of a lower speed limit.

RDMDJ

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

If you want to learn really easily, check out railsimroutes.com. Its in the links page. It has a route on there and a full length tutorial on how to drive the route and what all the signs and signals mean. Its what I used when I first started out with openBVE and it really helped me out a lot. Very Happy

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dysonsphere on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Just got into Opev BVE for the NWM routes print out the maps in there down load sections, there laid out like Quail maps but with speeds added. For the real UK railway look for the Network Rain Sectional Appendixes they have cross over speeds for the whole country but there hard work to wade through.

Dysonsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by johannSUB on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 pm

i have a question.

I am wondering if is Network West Midlands for OpenBve, fictional? I was looking for all station names on the google map, but I did't find, so I am just asking myself

johannSUB

Back to top Go down

Post by cilldroichid on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 pm

johannSUB wrote:I am wondering if is Network West Midlands for OpenBve, fictional? 

Hi,

From the NWM homepage - 'The NWM suite of routes are a highly detailed fictional railway, with scenery based on real life locations around the Birmingham and West Midlands area of the UK. '

http://www.trainsimstuff.org/network-west-midlands

Donal.

cilldroichid

Back to top Go down

Post by johannSUB on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 pm

were able to make the original route as it is, they could have one to choose, because the location around Birmingham has a wide rail network.

johannSUB

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:43 pm

In the interest of understandability I would politely ask you to, as far as possible with your knowledge of this presumably foreign language and, as the case may be any handicaps, please stick with the grammar rules of the English language. I have to guess what you are trying to say here.

If I guessed right, then my answer is: That's the artist's liberty to decide whether they want to do a RL route or a fantasy route. There is absolutely nothing wrong with fantasy routes at all, as long as they are created with sufficiently profound knowledge of the local railway rules. Now I'm a train driver from Germany and have just hobbyist's knowledge of British railways (though many things actually are universal and thus transferrable), so take my verdict with a grain of salt, but for what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the NWM.
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum