RailSetter

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RailSetter

Post by Rogerc on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Further testing reveals that I CAN load a saved .rsr file if I do so immediately after loading a .gif at the start. After that, I can tweak in a editor and immediately reload to view the result, without exiting either program.

Better and better, very happy with result.

Roger

Rogerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 am

gyzma- I was thinking again about the radius inaccuracy problem that you saw on Aug 18th, and took a closer look at the images that you posted. I'm now fairly sure that the perceived inaccuracy is caused by the placing of your first, straight, rail. Just as in a real railway, a straight forms a tangent to the following curve. But your first straight is not tangential. I suggest that you use a longer first rail, laid along a straight section of (real) track.

Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 am

Rogerc- yes, I noticed the colour problem when looking at G-Earth images of dry areas. It's still on the to-do list!
Why do you think that extending the image over two screens would be an advantage? Don't forget that RailSetter is intended to work on one image at a time. This is being worked on at present, and means you will be able to split up the route into sections, editing each section in turn.
I couldn't reproduce your problem with placing a marker...
I could see the problem with loading rsr, and have corrected it.
Yes, you can edit the rsr file, though I suggest that you back it up first. When RailSetter can load sequential images, as described above, editing an early rsr file could have serious consquences for the remainder of the route. What tweaks did you try?

Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by ecreek on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 am

As an experiment i created a flat face object 6km by 6km and textured it with an image from Google Earth which is the same size. I opened the route file with notepad and the route viewer at the same time. I laid straight 25m pieces of straight track on top of the flat face entering the required curve command by trial and error to keep them following the designated route. Then I made track pieces to correspond to the correct curves which replaced the straight pieces.

This didn't take very long to do. It would depend on the amount of curves and the distance of the route. You can trace the route on Google Earth with a bright coloured line to make it easier to see.

This is just a variation on the work of egg.

ecreek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum