Community Network Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Network Project

Post by rick1984 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 pm

This idea came up before but nothing seemed to come of out.
Basically members of the BVE community work together to produce a route/network.

I'd suggest to begin with, we make a small branch as a test run. This branch will then become part of our network.

Obviously we'd have to decide a region an era.

Personally I'd keep the region reasonably generic to allow plenty of variety, rather than tie it to one area with all the same geography. I wouldn't go uber-realistic, so we can make it really interesting.

As for era I would go in the not to distant past, say early 90's late 80's, as trains were generally more interesting back then.

This would obviously be something we'd debate on.

I personally wouldn't be able to code routes or objects, but I would be able to produce ideas for rolling stock and track and scenery layouts. I have plenty of ideas from both bahn and a paper train network I've developed with mikey1984, although he currently has access to those files.

I think this could be really good and we could create something pretty cool.

afro

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Re: Community Network Project

Post by graymac on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 pm

It's nice to think of shared effort and all that, and the suggestion is made in the right spirit.
However, don't forget the lesson of experience, a camel is a horse designed by a committee. For it to succeed there needs to be a strong vision and an identifiable target to reach for. That's a lot to ask for, and who is going to take responsibility for seeing such a project to its conclusion?
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum