Class 03 - A Stalled Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class 03 - A Stalled Project

Post by D5541 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Good Morning

I noticed a deleted thread earlier about 03's which jogged a memory and I decided to blow the dust off these and stick them up Smile
I started them a long time ago (2010 or there abouts I think, have to check on that) with a view to making these with animated wheels and a driveable version (I did manage to get some cab photos of D2046 at the Plym Valley as well.) However, This is as far as I ever got with the objects, couldn't work out how to animate the wheels and due to job loss, house moves, and the fact my pc can no longer actually run bve I gave up on them.

If any one thinks they can finish them off then by all means let me know and I'll gladly send a copy of them. I don't think I've done too bad a job on them so far and much as I wont finish them it seems a shame to let them get forgotten after the time spent on them.

Any takers, let me know Smile

Cheers

D5541

D5541

Back to top Go down

Re: Class 03 - A Stalled Project

Post by rick1984 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:00 pm

They look great and are a step closer to my dream of a class 08. Also good to see some 'dirty' trains

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by lonelyinardwick on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 am

~So what do you want me to do on them?

As far as I'm aware on your post, you made an object, I'm presuming you haven't made this a driveable train although you have cab photos, and you just want the wheels animated. No problem for me. Wink

lonelyinardwick

https://about.me/lonelyinardwick

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

and you just want the wheels animated. No problem for me.

You are aware of the coupling rods, I presume??Twisted Evil
Nice result if you can pull it off though.
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 am

By all means send me a copy too ill happily animate the wheels and rod (:
mrknowitall

http://www.bve-terminus.org/pioneertrains/

Back to top Go down

Post by lonelyinardwick on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:02 am

Yes, graymac. I didn't miss a single word of that post. Very Happy

lonelyinardwick

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 am

All that'd be need after is to stick 2 MK1's behind it, build a fictional heritage railway and potter up and down with it! Smile

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by D5541 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

BruceS wrote:All that'd be need after is to stick 2 MK1's behind it, build a fictional heritage railway and potter up and down with it! Smile

That sounds good actually Smile My first plan if ever a driveable version was released, was to do the Edinburgh-Aberdeen route in it, just because I have nothing better to do with my evenings!

wongie2009 wrote:As far as I'm aware on your post, you made an object, I'm presuming you haven't made this a driveable train although you have cab photos

Pretty much Wongie, I started on the object but the whole project has stalled and is unlikely to get going again in the forseeable future so it's offered to anyone who wants a crack at finishing it. And no, I've got cab photos but they require stitching and stuff to make a useable panel. I do recall there should be enough bits to animate the handles assuming my camera work wasnt too questionable.

D5541

D5541

Back to top Go down

Post by lonelyinardwick on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, that wouldn't be too much of a problem if I can handle all of my projects. Aside your gracious offer, can I ask what is the issue that you are experiencing when trying to run BVE Trainsim or openBVE?

lonelyinardwick

Back to top Go down

Post by D5541 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Wongie2009 wrote: can I ask what is the issue that you are experiencing when trying to run BVE Trainsim or openBVE?

In short, my pc is crap! it's about 8 or 9 years old now with the basic on board graphics, probably not much in the way of RAM and cant actually handle more than the most basic routes and only a handful of locos. I mean this is a machine that struggles to load facebook games on a good day! TBQH, it's in a similar situation to my laptop (which is also dead) in as much as I cant afford a new one, but neither can I justify the expense of upgrading the parts needed to make them run properly in a machine this old.

I can still just about run Sandymill and the earlier Redditch - New Street with a 47 or the old 50 though so do make use of it now and then.

D5541

Back to top Go down

Post by lonelyinardwick on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I suggest to download GameBooster sooner before the program becomes a payware, it removes a lot of unecessary system operations. If you can run Sandymill and B'ham X-City South, I don't see a reason with GameBooster, you can't run other routes such as the NWM. What sort of framerates do you get from running the Sandymill and Redditch routes?

lonelyinardwick

Back to top Go down

Post by D5541 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 pm

ummm, never looked at those really, I'm just grateful they work. Will have a check this evening!
Anything with a 2048 cab panel wont run, they just dont load properly Sad and even with gamebooster in the background I average anything between 3 & 8 FPS on NWM!

D5541

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 pm

I think a simple answer would be to get a new graphics card. I bought a PNY Geforce (forgot the version) under £50 pounds. Some are cheaper
Northern Line

http://www.bve-district.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum