Copyright statement from a Taiwanese developer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copyright statement from a Taiwanese developer.

Post by lonelyinardwick on Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 pm

For those who were interested in what was probably the most authentic set of routes ever which was the Xiaobitan Branch Line and the Xinbeitou Branch Line from a talented Taiwanese developer, BVETRT released a copyright statement more than a year ago back in early 2011 on his site. Already, he started development of Taiwanese content for BVE5, but it looks uncertain whether he is willing to release anything out of Taiwan for BVE by then. Besides I translated his statement for you.
BVETRT wrote:最新文章 Absurd (11/01/2011 22:09 GMT+8)

前幾天接獲到國外玩家線報,說有人在討論版公開分享小碧潭支線的檔案,
於是就開始調查,首先當然是找留言的分享者,
分享者在留言上寫到:「不要問我檔案是誰上傳的,我只是分享連結」,
於是我就mail過去請他把相關的文章拿掉,
他又回我說文章上有寫到:「不要問我檔案是誰上傳的,我只是分享連結」
所以不要叫我把它移除,因為我不重新...
我想這個玩家還真的有點欠四馬,
於是我又重新發了mail再次""請""他把文章拿掉,
並說即始是分亨連結,你也違反了...,之後他一直置之不理,連文章也不修改,
他的資訊告訴我他是一位匈牙利人(Hungary),
當然在這其中我也發mail去給該網站的管理者,請他移除該文章,
但他回覆我說,他不能核定是誰創造了這個路線、誰擁有著作權,
and I am not playing judge here.
並說請嘗試與免費空間網站網站聯係,請他們移除檔案。
再這其中我又上網搜尋了一下下載網址,
又多出一個與這個網址有關連的網頁出現在 Youtube,
於是我又發mail去向影片的主人,請他把網址拿掉,
這個網友似乎是受了比較高等的教育,隔天他就把網址拿掉了,
討論版那邊的文章沒有辦法處理,於是我只能聽討論版管理人所說的,
向該免費空間網站聯係,於是又發了封mail給該網站,
並說明了狀況,很快的不到半天的時間,那個檔案就被刪除了。
這場戰爭打了很久,雖然我的目的達到了,
但貼該文章的匈牙利玩家不修改文章,還是令人滿遺憾,
且他在回我的mail上寫到:「不要問我檔案是誰上傳的,我只是分享連結」
所以不要叫我把它移除,因為我不重新...
下,他還寫了:
Another thing is that if you decided not to release your new Xinbeitou Branch Line, then why do you still care about the other route? It's quite nonsense.

我想我發不發怖新北投支線跟這件事有什麼關連,
他的邏輯真的很奇怪,我就是因為像今天這種事一直發生,所以我才不公開新北投支線,
這當然也顯示我很關心我的每一條路線。
而It's quite nonsense.這句,真的有夠你的。

最後奉勸不管是BVE的玩家也好,自行創作的設計人也好,
上傳到網路時請三思而後行,很多事情不是你想像中的這麼完美,
決定上傳時別忘了做最後一道手續。

A few days ago, I acknowledged intelligence from foreign players saying there were some who shared the Taipei Metro Xiaobitan Branch Line along forums. So I started an investigation, and the obvious thing to do is to find the topic's author who shared the line, send him a message. He replied: "Don't ask me for the uploader, I only shared the link." despite the fact I sent an email to him in the past to remove all concerning post(s).

"So don't ask me to remove the articles on my own," he replied. "Because I'm not going to reupload the route." I ought to say these players (end-users) are 欠四馬 (chinese swearword). I had to politely tell him once more with the magic word to have the post(s) removed and that sharing of links is also a breach of copyright, but to no avail. He never replied and never modified the post, all I found out was the post's author tells me that he is a Hungarian.

So I sent an email to the administrator of the site/forum. But he responded he couldn't verify the created the route or owns the copyright. I'm not playing the judge here, but I tried contacting the site's domain provider, then I searched the internet for the download site. I even tried looking at other videos on YouTube (featuring the Xiaobitan Branch Line), and sent a message to those YouTubers for the whereabouts of the link and to remove URL wherever possible.

Apparently, I could only hear from the forum administrators that they couldn't possibly deal with with post/article other than to contact the site domain (literally: free space site, which could also mean download site). Thus the admin sent an email to the site. They responded and explained the situation, that the concerned files would removed in less than 24 hours. The fight was extremely long and enduring, although I had achieved my objective.

The Hungarian author still didn't modify his post to remove the link, which was regretful. Yet he did eventually responded with the same message as before: "Don't ask me for the uploader, only shared the link. So don't ask me to remove it by myself, because I won't reupload it." Though he also said below that: "Another thing is that if you decided not to release your new Xinbeitou Branch Line, then why do you still care about the other route? It's quite nonsense."

I just want to say, whether I release the Xinbeitou Branch Line or not, what connection is there (in relation to the situation with my Xiaobitan Branch Line)? This person's logic is really strange. Such things had happened as it is today because of me. Nonetheless I'll never release the Xinbeitou Branch Line. As always, I'm extremely concerned about every single one of my routes. And this sentence "It's quite nonsense" is just too much of you.

Finally an advice to all BVE players and developers, please think twice before uploading anything on the Internet as there are lots of things (consequences) that you might not think of. When you have decided to upload, do not forget the final procedures/formalities!

Last edited by Wongie2009 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smilies disabled.)

lonelyinardwick

https://about.me/lonelyinardwick

Back to top Go down

Re: Copyright statement from a Taiwanese developer.

Post by Drag0nflamez on Tue May 29, 2012 5:53 pm

sharing of links is also a breach of copyright
It is not. Except when Hollywood says it.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line on Tue May 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I don't get the point of putting good 10 star effort on the internet knowing that it will never be released. Then again he has made a point there. Im not that concerned with bvetrt though the realism is to a T and all close to reality, at the end of the day it is a developers choice whether to release their work and/or make it copyright.

@Jeffrey: Give my regards to the most talented Taiwanese developer in bve so far and wish him the best in all his amazing lifelike work.

Regards

Northern Line
Northern Line

http://www.bve-district.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Doesn't it all give you a feeling of Déja Vu? We've been here, done that and got a drawer full of the soddin' tee-shirts. It would help if I knew what all that Chinese text meant, but the poor guy is obviously not best pleased as the swear-word shows. Thanks for at least pointing that out, before I try and order it at the local takeaway!
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 am

Personally I think I have had enough of this stuff... I can understand he's not happy, but I find acting like a spoiled child very immature... just my opinion, though.
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Wed May 30, 2012 9:59 am

Quite agree. Some lessons from the past 18 months or so in this part of the world might be learned. This forum has been most pro-active in the approach to copyright-babble and it is mostly well sorted by the membership. If anyone is interested there is plenty to search in the archives, but as it is history, leave it there, please. We don't need to dig it up all over again.
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum