Add support for non reversed handle train

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Add support for non reversed handle train

Post by zbx1425 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Most of the Japan trains have reversed handles so the BVE set Z as add power and A as cut power for control. But there are also lots of trains that actives power by pushing the handle forward and that will be quite strange when playing some train like this in 3d cab(the handle goes in the opposite direction of your control), why don't add a property in train.dat to reverse the current behavior of Q and Z?

zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Re: Add support for non reversed handle train

Post by leezer3 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:08 pm

That sounds horrendously confusing to me, unless I'm mis-understanding something.....

Why should the keyboard key be in the same direction as the power handle moves?

Surely you *always* want to press the same key to increase or decrease power, as otherwise you'd end up having to refer to the documentation for each and every train you drive?

If you really want to do this, I'd suggest that using a plugin & the VirtualHandles implementation to get this working is probably the best way.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zbx1425 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:32 pm

leezer3 wrote:That sounds horrendously confusing to me, unless I'm mis-understanding something.....

Why should the keyboard key be in the same direction as the power handle moves?

Surely you *always* want to press the same key to increase or decrease power, as otherwise you'd end up having to refer to the documentation for each and every train you drive?

If you really want to do this, I'd suggest that using a plugin & the VirtualHandles implementation to get this working is probably the best way.
I got the point. Thank you.
It's really hard to met the real conditions of all the trains...
lot of trains has analog power and/or brake handle, and some even has two brake handles!

zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum