openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS

Post by Delsin on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 pm

The Z-sort issue has appeared in some .x files on faces without transparency too... but as long as it's viewer-only, it's not a big issue, I guess.
I have no idea how openbve can support these loksim functions, to be honest. Especially the font objects (car number, destination window, etc). Thought of considering all the "boolean" options as true and ignoring all fonts.

Will it be reasonable to drop .l3dgrp support and make a converter for such files, which turns l3dgrp into .animated file with links to l3dobj and positions/orientations of the parts?
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Making all "boolean" options true will result in a complete mess. Many LS3D objects are very versatile by having dozens over dozens of bits and pieces which can be switched on and off, and which would collide if senselessly activated. I guess we'll have to go with hacks for the legacy route format, and allow for parametrising (or what's that called in English? The word looks somewhat wrong o.O) of objects in the new XML route format.
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Parametrizing is as good a word as any, although I'd probably just use adding parameters personally Razz
A better name *might* be keywords, but these are rather a Loksim related concept.

I think the way this may have to be done is to add a supplementary container format (as per animated), which contains a keywords & mapping list.
Probably a nasty amount of work though......

Anyways, I've got the basic model linked now working OK with a little bashing around, other than the known issues with visibility bits.
The 'missing' doors etc. seem to be a result of the Z-sorting algorithm being a little funky, so for the minute at least all static components of a Loksim model are now merged into a single lump.

Will get that added to the main builds later today Smile

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum