Yule is coming! Would like to spread a donation fairly, so - short question for the devs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yule is coming! Would like to spread a donation fairly, so - short question for the devs

Post by Quork on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Yule, the feast of Odin, is coming close. He is the old Norse god of, among others, knowledge, sorcery and poetry (thus, in a wider sense, the arts); all of which, in a way, apply to the development of routes, objects, software etc. for OpenBVE Smile

I'd like to donate, in sum, 50€ to those devs who accept donations (currently I'm aware of Graymac and Dexter only; is there anybody more out there?). If possible, I'd like to spread it in such a way, that all sites are funded for the same amount of time, i.e. depending on the current funding situation and especially the monthly hosting costs! So I'd kindly ask for this information (you can do it per PM, if you do not want to publicly state the numbers). If this doesn't work, I'll just split evenly.
Quork

Back to top Go down

Re: Yule is coming! Would like to spread a donation fairly, so - short question for the devs

Post by graymac on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for all your support, it has been greatly appreciated.
Somehow, the Norse legends and old pagan rites seem so appropriate for this time of year, the arts and the folk-lore are a wonderful antidote to the awful consumerism which always seems to try and hi-jack Christmas these days. So glad you mentioned that aspect of the season.
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yule is coming! Would like to spread a donation fairly, so - short question for the devs

Post by Quork on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Since I didn't get the numerical feedback I asked for, I'll split evenly between Graymac and Dexter and send it soon.

Happy Holiday everybody!

Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Seasons Greetings and many thanks Quork santa
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Cheers guys,
long time no see. Smile  I have finally managed to clear some stuff up in my life - as some of you might know, I have had some health issues and also, I had to figure out something regarding the place we live in. It finally looks like I have managed to get some of that weight off my shoulders, so I might be able to do some bits and bats every now and then. Smile  We shall see what the future will bring us.
Regarding Quork's donation - I think have not received any, but I do not blame anyone. I really haven't been too active recently so I might not deserve anything anyway. Laughing 
It is good to be back. Cool

Last edited by Dexter on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Questionnable English... really...)
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:44 am

Glad to see you again and am happy that everything is much easier for you Smile

Regards,
Northern Line

http://www.bve-district.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Sorry it took so long, I didn't forget you, I just never came around to it. Now I'm sitting at home, with a broken nose (guess the drunk passenger really didn't like my uniform), so I had the time to do it. Dex, I sent you 25€! Gray: I dunno what the problem is, but I can't get your PayPal link to work on your homepage? When I click on it, both on my Android device and on my Windows laptop, the whole popup just goes blank and nothing happens. Could you please repair it, so I can send your share as well?
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:42 am

Cheers Quork,
thank you for your continuous support. I should now have the expenses covered for another year. I hate drunk people, they are loose cannons and it is your disadvantage that at work you have very limited possibilities to actually defend yourself. What did you tell the douche? Or was he just being a D for no particular reason?
I hope you will get better soon!
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Now I'm sitting at home, with a broken nose (guess the drunk passenger really didn't like my uniform),

Ouch!!  Sorry to hear that, consider yourself a martyr for DB !!
I'll try and sort out the donations link by the end of the day - not sure what's gone wrong with it.
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Thanks for the whishes. He first jostled me, on purpose and with quite some force, and when I asked what that was about, he first claimed he didn't do anything and then gave me a clout, directly onto the nose. Tomorrow I'll now whether it needs to be operated or not...
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

I think Nietzsche once stated that "assholes are universal" .... looks like you unfortunately encountered one. I used to drive express coaches in the UK and sometimes saw some shifty customers, though never got assaulted. That was over 25 years ago, I'm sure it's worse today.
I've attended to the wonky links on my website now, once again sincere thanks for your generous support now and in in the past.
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Sent you 25€ as well =)

Uh, coaches, that isn't a job I'd want to do... Especially in some quarters of the city.
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Wasn't too bad then, wouldn't want it today! Used to drive ones like this (among other types) on inter city services.

Cummins MCW Metroliner
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum