Our Brave Administrator...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our Brave Administrator...

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

... has posted a reply to a topic just here http://openbve.freeforums.org/the-other-forums-thread-t2263-15.html putting his point over rather more politely than I would have done. Well said Derryck. Its a wonder that any developers continue to support openbve at all knowing the sneering bigoted attitude of Fräulein Eisen Schlüpfer.

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Brave Administrator...

Post by thehoviskid on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Humorist wrote:Fräulein Eisen Schlüpfer.

One to remember, that, it might come in handy some other time.

I think the OpenBVE forum has it's place, and suggestions made do sometimes get implemented (although you don't always know some of the smaller ones have been until you happen upon it) but it's not always the best place for the end user or casual developer- answers there tend to be a little more erudite and correct while in the real world, things are a little more back-of-an-envelope. Maybe that forum needs a "we don't care how the gubbins work but we just want to tinker with the ad-ons" section....

I suppose, since it's Michelle's project, we can either play nicely or she can take her bat home and not develop it further, or we can choose not to participate further in the development by posting there- OpenBVE as it stands now is perfectly playable even though there are always things people would like to improve, but then there were always things people would like to improve on BVE4 too, but because the creator of that was less accessible and the program wasn't open in the same way, you'd just shrug your shoulder and get on with it. Possibly we expect too much in some ways, but on the other hand the forum tends to be more like a Q & A than a discussion, and if you've got a simple question like "How do i make the glow_white.png only show up in front of my headlights at night" and you want a simple answer, that's not always the place for you.

thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Oh yes, it is nice to see one's idea implemented, no doubt about it. The only thing is that when I get to openBVE forums I feel like being approached by a robot that sometimes does not really know what I want to say. I think thehoviskid made the point quite exactly... Very Happy
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:52 am

Well done for keeping your cool, Derryck.
I personally, would have posted alot of things, which I have on my mind about that forum, and it's Nazi administrator!!

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Well, I have finally decided to let go of her, because I won't change anything on her attitude. But I can change mine. I'll write more about that later on.
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeltapper on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Is the purpose of this new discussion group to advance our enjoyment of the pastime or is this going to be a a crudely disguised "Achtung achtung!! ve all hate ze Michelle" group, in the style of "'Allo, 'Allo", but without the manners.

Have no lessons been learned from the confrontational episodes which built up on BVET (and its predecessors) and eventually caused it all to go tits up??

I want to know, because if this is going to be a bickering and whingeing shop I'm not interested in participating. If we cannot mind our own business it is a poor job entirely, there is no need for members or particulary forum leaders, to go annoying admin and members of another forum. It isn't about Michelle, or Derryck or anybody else personally. Its supposed to be about enjoying a pastime, not bloody warfare. Those who think otherwise need to grow up, but if this is the place where such behaviour can flourish, I'm NOT staying. I thought this was a genuine BVE enthusiasts site. am I mistaken??

Last edited by Derryck on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Unacceptable word combination)

wheeltapper

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:39 pm

wheeltapper wrote:
Have no lessons been learned from the confrontational episodes which built up on BVET (and its predecessors) and eventually caused it all to go tits up??

The reason BVE T went, is because of a privacy breach, someone hacked into the site!
I don't see what this has to do with the attitude a certain person gives, which makes some of us dislike him/her with a passion. And for the record it isn't Michelle who hacked BVE T either. But anymore info should be given by one of the staff from BVE T, as I believe I've already said enough to get me into trouble with them.

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeltapper on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Hacking into sites, conspiracy theories, accusations, recriminations ...........
And an answer which avoids the question I'm posing.

Is this a group which wishes to proceed in a positive and helpful manner in the pursuit of actual enjoyment of a recreational activity?
Or are we looking at dinosaurs wallowing in a swamp of ill-feeling for other users?

It's one or the other, what's it to be?? Very Happy

Well, I have finally decided to let go of her,

That, at least, looks to me like great wisdom. A most sensible course of action to be welcomed in the interests of peace and decency.

Last edited by wheeltapper on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typographic error)

wheeltapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:12 am

OK, guys, let's close this one, looks like we are not going to change anything anyway. After all, I am creating stuff for my own pleasure, not for that of the others. I will now lock this forum.

One note: The nazi motto is unacceptable here, realize I am from Czech rep. If you know history a bit, you know why I could eventually be sensitive to that.
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum