Midland Suburban Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Midland Suburban Line

Post by mobile1 on Sun May 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi all,
                at last the latest part of my work is finished, its being route tested at this very moment..I hope to upload it to my web site, (if i can remember how) within the next few days,  as i explained before, i have a 5mb upload limit, so the files will be split into a few parts...the new route file and sound, objects are all to be placed in the existing Midland Suburban Line folder and should be called duddinghillext.
For those that have not downloaded my other routes, you will need to download the other parts of the Midland Suburban Line, you will also need the signal dependancies,  BrSema4Sigs, BrSigs and BrSigs_open..this will be the last time using all three of these, i hope to be using just BrSigs_open for the next route..

It is a forward view route only, i have not bothered with the all around views, i want to get on with the next one..

A few words about the help received with the anims...my thanks goes out to Graymac, Leezer3 especially.

The route file takes a freight train from Cricklewood sidings to the once vast Temple Mills yard, I was only able to model a small part of this, there wouldn`t be room otherwise, the signalling does all operate, be patient at the red signals. The end of the route file is the second stop board, providing the shunter calls you on, you need to stop by him to get the final instruction....I will post further when i have uploaded it....regards
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Re: Midland Suburban Line

Post by mobile1 on Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Soory about the delay, kitchen comes first, nearly got time to upload it ....
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Mon May 19, 2014 9:29 pm

And bloody good it is too!  (I've sneaked a peep at it) sunny
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Mon May 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi mobile1 - if you want I could host a complete zip file at the miniature railway server. Makes things a lot easier than the mess with small files, which is very efficient in sending newbies back to Micro$haft Train$imulator and such... Especially back when Michelle's board was online this could be seen as a very frequent issue. Here newbies don't come by that often...
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie on Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 am

mobile1 wrote:Hi all,
                at last the latest part of my work is finished, its being route tested at this very moment..I hope to upload it to my web site, (if i can remember how) within the next few days,  as i explained before, i have a 5mb upload limit, so the files will be split into a few parts...the new route file and sound, objects are all to be placed in the existing Midland Suburban Line folder and should be called duddinghillext.
What next?

South to Acton?
Or East from Barking ? ...

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Tue May 20, 2014 2:22 am

Ah, I see BVE Terminus beat me to it? Thanks to them =D Downloading right now.
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 am

I need to put a couple of things right before uploading it, it will be done before the end of May, I will let you know the exact date ..regards
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

The new route has been uploaded to my web site, www.openbve-lincolnshire.co.uk , let me know of any problems...

Please read the credits, a couple of people have helped me with the anim coding so i think they richly deserve a mention.

This route ( Cricklewood yard to Temple Mills yard ) uses the 2up goods line that ran from Silkstream Junction to West Hampstead Station on the Midland Main Line, it then crosses the up & down running lines taking the wrong line at Kentish Town north tunnel rejoining the down Barking branch line at the end of the tunnel. Upon reaching South Tottenham Station it then branches of to Coppermill Junction and then to Temple Mills.

Temple Mills was at one time one of the largest marshalling yards in Europe, to model this for openbve would be an impossible task so i have had to reduce the size considerably...

The signalling delays are deliberate, trying to show the priority to passenger traffic over goods traffic in those days..

At the stop sign at Temple Mills, watch out for the calling on shunter...

All of my routes ( including the Midland main line ) will be, in future , hosted on Bve Terminus, as soon as practically possible....mobile1

Last edited by Northern Line on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Concerning Link direct to the website)
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by bvetmd on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Nice to see all that BR blue along the route, well done !

Theres definately some rather dubious handsignals going on at Temple Mills though, I think the shunter needs a refresher on his rules, so much so that he had me a bit confused at first......I couldnt tell if he wanted me to move away from his handsignal or slow down.
The correct 'calling on' and 'stop' handsignals can be seen in section 5 here,

[url=http://www.rgsonline.co.uk/Rule_Book/Rule Book Modules/SS - Station Working and Shunting/GERT8000-SS2 Iss 3.pdf]http://www.rgsonline.co.uk/Rule_Book/Rule%20Book%20Modules/SS%20-%20Station%20Working%20and%20Shunting/GERT8000-SS2%20Iss%203.pdf[/url]

A nice little drive though in my vac braked 33, really gives the impression of suburbia too, top job !
bvetmd

http://bvetmd.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:43 pm

I was waiting to see if there were any other comments before putting the hand signal query right, I will see to it very shortly, been busy modelling St Pancras station for the midland main line, not an easy task, keeping the object size down should be interesting. If you read this Gray, well done on your latest offering, most enjoyable route..
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:03 pm

If you read this Gray, well done on your latest offering, most enjoyable route..

Thanks, Alan. I've slightly changed the downloading method - only ONE object download, it's much easier to install.
I'm working on a 175/0 Alstom "Coradia" two car set in Arriva Wales livery. Going quite well!
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:42 am

Is there any way to download the three signal packs?

- BrSema4Sigs
- BrSigs
- BrSigs_open

Or is there any other route that includes those?

(Google didn't really help me.)
phontanka

http://phontanka.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Voila Smile
http://bvecornwall.co.uk/downloads/BRSigs.7z

Cheers

Chris Lees

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm

thanks Chris, i sent a pm to phontanka regarding the files, i also have them on file....p.s. getting close to publishing a screenie of St Pancras, just a bit more to do...mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Just had a quick ride (not done whole route yet) but looks cracking! very 'glossy'.

Just a quick note, make sure you name the object folder correctly; as I failed to do so and got a black route! Embarassed

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 pm

hi Rick, which folder  did you have problems with, i have not heard of any mistakes as of yet, did you download it from my web site?...regards
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 pm

i downloaded from your site, i just dragged and dropped from the zip instead of extracting to midland suburban. My mistake.

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum